TOP TIPS: Keeping your phone clean
- Where possible, leave it at home! If you’re popping to the shops, go old school and take a paper list that you can bin once you’re done.
- Unplug your phone, turn it off and remove the case (but be sure to clean this separately).
- Don’t use chemicals, hand gels and abrasive wipes, as this could damage the screen.
- Dampen a microfibre cloth with water and household soap and gently rub down the surfaces of the phone.
- Make sure not to get water into the openings, as this can even damage water-resistant phones over time.
- Dry your phone with a clean and dry microfibre cloth.
- For iPhone users, Apple has also said you can safely clean your phone with 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes without damaging your phone, you can buy these online.
- Wash your hands before touching your phone again!